MAXIMIZE YOUR INDOOR AIR QUALITY
There are a lot of things that people do to improve their home. They paint the walls, build additions, and install equipment that keeps your home warm or cool depending on the season. Why aren't we thinking a little more about the air that you are breathing inside your home every day? Take a look at the video to see how simple improving the air quality in your home can be with the REME HALO!
What Does It Do & How Does It Work?
Improving your indoor air quality sounds great, but what is actually happening? How is it being improved? Here are a few of the key facts about REME HALO and what is happening when it is keeping your air clean.
1. REME stands for Reflective Electro Magnetic Energy – patented process!
2. How it works – This is the same natural process that occurs outside by the Sun shining on the Earth’s atmosphere. A Broad Spectrum UV bulb (Sun) reacts with a metallic catalyst in the presence of humidity (Earth’s atmosphere) to form Ionized Hydroperoxides (vaporized hydrogen peroxide – H2O2)
3. Hydroperoxides are used in many consumer products such as Teeth Whiteners, Contact Lens Solutions and Cleaning Supplies such a Lysol Spray.
4. Hydroperoxides kill 99% of sneeze germs within 3 ft., REME HaloTM treats the indoor air and surfaces.
5. Hydroperoxides kill bacteria, mold spores and viruses while reducing odors.
6. The ionization feature of the REME HaloTM reduces particulates (dust, dander & pollen), smoke & VOCS by forcing them to coagulate (come together) due to being electrically charged and forming a larger mass thus falling to the ground (out of air stream) or getting pulled into the return air filter.
7. REME HaloTM kills mold spores in air. If you have a mold problem (colonies within walls, etc.) you need professional mold remediation first.
8. REME HaloTM does not create any ozone with the reaction. The electronics / ballast of the HaloTM create a negligible amount of ozone (.01 ppm) which is well below the OSHA safety limit for indoor exposure (.04 ppm).
Microbes, viruses and particulates have to travel back to device at HVAC system to get treated and hopefully stay in close proximity to the device long enough to get inactivated. Examples are standard UV lights and PCO devices or Photocatalytic Oxidizers. UV lights and PCO devices do nothing for odors and vapors in rooms where people live and breathe. Think of a Bug Zapper in your yard – not all of the bugs are killed; only the ones that come in contact with it. This is considered older technology.
This is REME Technology. Hydroperoxides and other friendly oxidizers created by the REME HaloTM are carried into the conditioned space where people are living, breathing and sneezing killing airborne and surface bacteria and viruses, neutralizing odors, and reducing particulates (dust, dander and pollen).
Poor Indoor Air Quality Can Threaten Your Health
Most people spend over 90% of their time indoors, not knowing that the air they are breathing may be more polluted than the air outside. The Environmental Protection Agency has reported that indoor air pollution levels can be 100 times higher than the air outdoors.
Breathing contaminated air puts the health of you and your family at risk. In fact, the American College of Allergist says that 50% of illnesses are caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. So take control of your indoor air quality by reducing pollutants that can contribute to headache, lung irritation and fatigue as well as more long-term conditions such as asthma, allergies and infectious diseases.
Some Facts About Indoor Air Pollution
How Can Airquip Help You?
If you think you'd like to know a little more about indoor air quality, or how we can make improvements to your home, we would love to help. Just fill out the form below and someone from Airquip will reach out to you to answer any questions you have!